Originally, the nest Cocoonababy ® has been developed for premature babies in the neonatal department of the hospital north of Marseilles in France. With time and experience, the medical team realized that the well-being given to premature babies could also be applied to children born at term.
While respecting the medical recommendation to sleep the baby on her back and with the help of the medical teams, a new model had been developed. Real nest of enlightenment and comfort he reassures the baby and help to adapt smoothly to life after birth. Elongated semi-fetal position in the nest Cocoonababy ® , a child who has lost known landmarks in the womb of his mother feels safe and content.
This position present many advantages, especially the quality and the length of time that baby sleeps. The semi-foetale posture helps to:
- reduce the involuntary jerky movements which wake him with a start and make him cry (startle or moro reflex)
- limit the risk of 'flat head syndrome' (positional plagiocephaly)
- limit gastric reflux
- Improve the interaction between the child and those around him (his gaze is neither fixed towards the ceiling nor always towards the same side)
The Cocoonababy® nest includes:
- an adjustable wedge which can be moved down the nest as baby grows, during his first 4 months
- a white Fleur de Coton® fabric fitted sheet
- a Tummy band which maintains the child in an ideal position without impeding his freedom of movementDimensions: (l x w x h) 69 x 40 x 19cms
- We would recommend as a safety warning, to avoid online auction sites selling counterfeits that pose serious safety risks to your baby.
- DO NOT USE THE BABYNOMADE BLANKET IN THE COCOONABABY AS SAFE SLEEPING IS TO SLEEP BABY WITH HEAD AND FACE UNCOVERED
FREE DELIVERY WITHIN AUSTRALIA The size of the armholes and the length of a conventional...